Sunday, August 10, 2008

NORE takes shirt off!



With a new CNN album on the way Queens bred rapper Noreaga knew he had to do something to put his name in the headlines. So he took off his shirt. In this SOHH exclusive N.O.R.E explains how Rick Ross inspired him to bare his belly for the blogs.

“Hip-Hop on the internet is really based on beef and a bad history,” he told SOHH. “I don’t really have that. I don’t have beef with any other rapper.”

“I said, ‘I know a way that I could get the bloggers and the sites to start talking.’ So I took my shirt off,” he continued. “I took my shirt off to [give] people something to laugh about, to [give] people something to cry about but it made people talk about me.”

Of course, when N.O.R.E. released the photo of his newly acquired extra pounds, the blogs had a field day. Some even compared him to Ross, another big-bellied rapper with a penchant for going topless. Noreaga admits that Ross was an inspiration.

“Absolutely, I’d be a liar if I wasn’t saying that I was inspired when I seen Rick Ross doing it,” Nore said. “I thought it was dope and I thought it was fun and I said, ‘You know what I can show off my belly too!’ Because as unsexy as it is to certain people, there’s a lot of girls out there that’s chubbychasers!”

Noreaga also used the photo-op to debut his new, iced out Newport box charm. In a quest to be creative and original, the rapper commissioned the custom piece.

“I just said, ‘Why don’t I just go all out and just get a pack of Newports?’ Of course, I put my twist on it and I called it the Noreports. People get a kick out of when they find out that it do open up and it do hold cigarettes.”

This fall, Norega and his partner in rhyme Capone will end an eight-year hiatus with the release of a brand new Capone-N-Noreaga album called Channel 10.

No comments: