Sunday, August 10, 2008

Elite working with DMX on new album

Elite is working with DMX on his new album Walk With Me Now, Fly With Me Later. Check out what the producer had to say in his blog:

"Last summer I was chronicling my experience on the DOG DAYS OF SUMMER TOUR with X and Bazaar Royale. During those months I was able 2 slide X a few beat CDs and low and behold new years eve I got the phone call from Dog himself. He was goin nuts over my stuff and said that the first 2 songs he would be recording for his album were mine.

I just heard the joints completed today and its kind of a strange situation because for the first time in my career I wasn't able to be there for the mix. As a producer that is important because you get the final say on how everything sounds, the drops, the sequencing, levels etc. You really get to put your STAMP on the song. I was pleasantly surprised at how the mixes came out though, everything sounded pretty good. Of course there are always changes you wish you could have made, but overall i was pretty satisfied.

The first joint is the album intro, one of my old fav beats... X is singin some real emotional shit and it sounded real good. The only thing was they decided to cut the beat extremely short, its kind of a strange beat in that I had it fade out and come BACK in for dramatic effect... The part that sucks is that the hottest part of he beat by far is the part they cut off!!!! So I'm preparing a special EXTENDED edition of the joint, that of course I will post here once the album drops. Take the situation n make it positive! I'm a make it crazy, so if u want that exclusive(mixtape DJs and bloggers)... hit me up!

The 2nd joint is a beat I must have made at least 6 years ago. Alimah-Dean who was responsible for bringing me into the whole Ruff Ryders camp once told me that the song "Silver Shadow" was one of X's favorites. So I decided to flip it for him. Amazing how you put a strong intention out into the world, totally forget about it, and years later it manifests when you least expect it.

As far as the album goes, I'm hearing its looking like an October release date. As far as the "gospel" album everyone is talking about, its not exactly traditional "gospel" like you might be thinking... lol. A lot of people seem to be puzzled at the genre label hes giving it, but let me try to break down what he's doing wit it for you."

No comments: