Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lil Wayne / Jay-Z Speak on Collaboration "Hello Brooklyn"

Jay-Z spoke to MTV today about the American Gangster album.
When asked about 'Hello Brooklyn,' his much talked about collaboration with Lil Wayne, Jay said "it's more of a great record than a lyrical slugfest. It's more a creative, great record than two guys spitting. 'Success' is more of what people wanna look at when you judge that type of [collaborative] stuff. It's me and Nas going at it."
Lil Wayne also told MTV that the song was initially made for his album, Tha Carter, Vol. 3.
"It was produced by my homeboy Big D a long time ago," he said. "Jay heard the song some type of way, and when he heard it, he said, 'Ask the homie if I can get this.' When I was asked the question, I told them it wasn't even a question — he's got it. Everybody in the world knows how I feel about Jay. ... He's the king, utmost respect.

"The song has a sample on there that says, 'Hello Brooklyn,' " Wayne added. "I made it so that I'm talking to a woman and the woman has the traits of the actual place [where the song is set]. I say, 'She love B.I.G. but she like Tupac, and every time I say, "Jay-Z," she say, "It's the Roc." ' Me not being from Brooklyn, I think it's cool because you always wanna know what an outsider thinks of your place."

No comments: